Sunday, January 2, 2011

Day 2 of 365...

Today I am thankful that God has given me a child who shows interest in the Lord. It warms my heart and gives me such joy that I am able to have a conversation with my 3 year old about the God who does so much for us, and for him to be excited to go to church. During the week he will pull out his 'church shoes' (dressy shoes) and ask if it's time to go to church yet. He also bows his head before meals with me at home and we say grace before we eat, and he says his prayers before bed each night (or, most nights, anyway). We thank God often for our blessings, our family, and for each other.

I am also thankful that my husband and I are able to worship together. Admittedly, we are not perfect examples of God's children, and we strive daily to be better than we were the day before. That's all I can and will ask of my children, too; to be better examples today than they were yesterday. After all, we are only sinners saved by grace.

Hopefully, with God's word, coupled with the guidance of our leaders at church and a life time full of the experiences of their Daddy and I, my children will grow in their love of the Lord, understanding of the Word, and be spared from learning some of life's lessons the same way Brandon and I have.

My child (both of my children actually) are answered prayers. Throughout both of my pregnancies, all I prayed for was a happy, healthy, well adjusted child. And now I have 2 of them. My boys are so happy, and thank the Lord they are healthy. And I can only hope that as the baby (lil CBH) grows up that he, too, shows the same interest in the Lord as his big brother, and we can all grow in the Lord together.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Train a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not turn from it. -Proverbs 22:6

I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him... -1 Samuel 1:27

My mouth shall speak the praise of the Lord; and let all flesh bless His holy name forever. -Psalm 145:21

Only be careful, and watch yourselves closely so that you do not forget the things your eyes have seen or let them slip from your heart as long as you live. Teach them to your children, and to their children after them. -Deuteronomy 4:9

No comments:

Post a Comment