Saturday, January 1, 2011

Day 1 of 365...

As another new year is just beginning, I am inspired by the positivity I am seeing on the 'world wide web'... Many people posting each and every day the little things in life they are grateful for; it's so refreshing. It has served as an extra reminder to me to also show thanks for the blessings in my own life, and oh have I been blessed!

Today, January 1 of 2011, (1/1/11!!!) I am thankful for the happiness I see in my children and the opportunity I have been graced with to stay home with my children.

I choose this today as my 'happy thought' because it has been a conversation topic off and on since the birth of our two children (J, born 6/20/2007, and B, born 12/21/2009) and I think of it often. Big B and I often talk about what it would be like if I were to go back to work now that we have the Spawn (loving reference to our babies of course!) and we are both in agreeance that the babies would be and are happiest with me being home with them.

Sure, we may not live in the fanciest home or drive new cars, but this is the sacrifice we willingly pay to allow our children to be at home with me each day... so that I can teach them how I want to, and so that they have the time with their Mommy that each child thrives on and deserves. We choose to live in an older and small home and drive older cars for the love of our children. Of course if the survival of our family depended on it I would head back to work in a heart beat (after all, I worked hard for those 5 years in Rowan County earning that Bachelor degree!) but for now, we are at peace and in love with our tiny home and our happy babies.

Life is good, I wouldn't have it any other way. If someone were to say to me today "I will give you a million dollars but you have to be away from your children the majority of the time to have it", I would turn it down. This is the life we have chosen and it is good!


2 comments:

  1. Yay for you blogging!! I hope this year is fabulous for you doll!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are in a very similar situation. I am ashamed to say I haven't embraced it the way you have (the sacrifices, that is) but you are an inspiration.

    ReplyDelete