Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Day 11 of 365...

Day 11 of 365... Thankful for dinner with my family.



Tonight's menu: ''Chicken-a-la-king' with a side salad, and a big helping of togetherness.

Today I am grateful that my husband, boys, and I can all sit down and enjoy a meal together.

When I was a child and I pictured myself as a 'grown up' with a family of my own, I pictured that my husband and children and I would all sit down together in the evenings and have dinner together. Many people probably may not think twice about this, but as a child who grew up in a split family I so desperately wanted that home with a 'Mommy, Daddy, and 2.5 kids'. (I always wondered what the ".5" was, I assume now that maybe the '.5' is the family pet, since he was sortof our practice child, haha!)

Today I am the Mommy, with a husband of my own --and he is a fine Daddy to our two boys. He was not put on a day time schedule where he could be home with us in the evenings until a few months after the birth of our second child. Having him here in the evenings is wonderful for several reasons; mostly for the babies, who get to spend more quality time with their Daddy ... but for us as well as our family as a whole.

He is finally here, at home, for dinner time- and as we all sit at the table, bow our heads and thank God for the meal before us and another day that He has given us, I also thank Him for this time together with my family.

1 comment:

  1. Dinner together is such a simple thing, but taken for granted isn't it? I love when we can have dinner together at home - it doesn't happen consistently but definitely one of my favorite moments of the day.

    ReplyDelete