Thursday, January 13, 2011

Day 13 of 365...

Day 13 of 365... Thankful for little 'keep-sakes.'


Most of you will look at this picture and see a cooking utensil, but it is much more than that to me. I look at this and see a little piece of my great-grandmother, "Nanny Silk." Each time I use this ladle in my own meal preparation I still feel that little child inside of me, anxious for whatever she was cooking to be ready to eat...  You see, this was hers. And when I was little, I thought her cooking was the best! To this day I still would give a million dollars just to taste her food.

I may not be the great cook that she was, but when I use this ladle in my own kitchen today, I feel like a tiny bit of my Nanny Silk is with me. And the memories of her are precious to me.


1 comment:

  1. That is so precious. Thanks for sharing your memories.

    ReplyDelete